This site is not at all affiliated with any Disney property. For more official Disney information please visit disney.com. This post may contain affiliate links.
So you think going to Walt Disney World is just for people with kids, huh? Nothing cool there to do with just your significant other or a group of other adults? Well you couldn’t be more WRONG!!
They say proof is in the pudding, well then call me puddin’ because I have done all of these great Adult Disney activities! Yet Disney keep surprising me and coming up with more things I still want to try. Disney is always keeping it new and making you want to come back for more!
Let’s face it, we adults love kid stuff too, but there are countless ways you adults out there can have a blast in Disney, and I have some of the best ones listed here just to prove it!
1.The spa should always be number one! There are some of the best spas located at the resorts in Disney and you don’t need to be staying at those hotels to enjoy their amenities. Make a day/night of it, take a trip to the grand Floridian for a spa appointment and then head over to Narcoossee’s on the water for dinner. Leading me to #2.
2. Narcoossees restaurant at the Grand Floridian. Great food and view of the castle over the lagoon. Look out for the water pageant at night! If you’re there during the Happily Ever After Fireworks, the fireworks show over the castle, step outside on the deck for a beautiful view and even hear the wishes soundtrack!
3. Fork and Screen is an AMC dine-in movie theater at Disney Springs. Get catered to while watching a movie? Yes, please! Comfortable chairs and good food! A waiter comes right to your movie seat! Best idea ever.
4. Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs. Go see La Nouba and be amazed at the amazing stunts and tricks these people can do! It’s truly amazing and right in the mix of the action of Disney Springs! (Update: La Nouba will take their last bows at the end of December 2017, so go see the show now! It’s amazing!)
5. Citricos restaurant at The Grand Floridian Resort. It is delicious and also has a small area by the window where you can time it right and view the Wishes fireworks show over the castle!
6. Are you in EPCOT? Do you love sushi and fireworks? Check what time illuminations (the fireworks show in EPCOT) is showing for the day you will be in park, make a reservation close to that time, get there early and ask for a window seat. If your reservation is at 7 and the fireworks aren’t until 9 take your time rating and order dessert! Sit back; relax and watch the perfect viewing with music and all of Illuminations! If you would rather eat Mexican with a window seat for the fireworks, head on over to La Casa de San Angel.
7. Stay or visit Port Orleans Riverside and visit the lounge called River Roost Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 8:30pm through midnight to see “Ye Haa” Bob Jackson. Bob is a lively singer who performs a comedy sing-a-long show, which is fun and relaxing after a long day at the parks! They have great bar offerings and menu! Kick back and enjoy the swinging show!
8. Everyone says this, but I of course have to mention drinking around the world at EPCOT! It’s a staple activity in EPCOT for those who are not toting kids around (or when your baby is napping). If you can hold your drinks down, go for it!
9. Bowling at Splitsville in Disney Springs. Yes! I said bowling! Not just any bowling though! This is the best location for bowling you’ll ever attend! Bars everywhere, great food, music and did I mention bars? I promise, you’ll have a blast!
10. Play Magic Sorcerers at Magic Kingdom Park. You may think it’s for kids, but if you pay attention, adults love getting into this wild chase throughout the park! Simply, enter the fire house when you first walk through the entrance to MK and collect your pack of Sorcerer cards for FREE. The idea is Haydes from Hercules is trying to take over the MK by gathering all of the Disney villains for assistance. You need to try to stop him by finding each key point and defeating the villain with your sorcerer cards! Awesome. The screens are hidden throughout the park, but don’t worry, they do give you a map to help guide you in the right direction. Use various powers on your cards to save the Magic Kingdom!
11. Do you like endless amounts of food, drinks, and fire dancers? Good! Because then you should attend the Luau dinner show at the Polynesian Resort. Don’t even get me started on the coconut bread! It is amazing!! I have been trying to replicate making it at home. Don’t fill up on it though, the rest of the food is some of the best I have ever tasted! The singing and dancing is beautiful to watch. Have you seen Moana? Duh! Well this will immerse you in the Hawaiian culture!
12. Want to go REAL shopping? Not toy shopping as you may think am of the Disney stores are? Well you can now that they have added so many amazing shops in Disney Springs! Vera Bradley, Oakley, Alex and Ani, Anthropologie and Lacoste are just a few of the amazing new additions to Disney Springs. Go ahead, get your shopping on!